THE PARITY.ORG ParityINDEX™
Join us to change the world for women by measuring that change and providing insights within your company and across industries.
Register now to indicate your interest in participating in Parity.org’s new ParityIndex™
Your information will be stored in a secure database and no personally identifiable information will be collected or stored.
You will gain important insights into your company, over time, and be able to compare and benchmark your company to others (blinded) in your sector or in other sectors.
We utilize the latest encryption technologies while accessing, storing, and processing your data. Your data are stored on a secure server and do not contain any employee personally identifiable information.
As a contributor, you will have free access to the database to create standard reports of your progress compared to past experience and benchmarked against your industry sector.
INDEX DEVELOPMENT TIMING
This is a new index. In 2018 we will be collecting information and creating standard reports that you would like to have at your fingertips. Our goal is to make the database easy to customize your reports. As a contributor, you will have early and free access to reports before non-contributors.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WHEN THE ParityINDEX™ IS PUBLISHED
- 1. Only the top 10% of companies ranking highest in the index will be published.
- 2. Private standard reports will be produced for all participating companies so you can see your own results and compare against similar companies in your sector (Comparisons are blinded. Data will only be reported when there are 3 or more companies in your sector.) Our goal is to make standard reports available monthly.
- 3. Parity.org will produce non-company specific public reports with insights we find from across the database to encourage companies to make a commitment to close the gender gap at the top of their company.
3 THINGS WE NEED FROM YOU WHEN YOU REGISTER
- 1. Identifiable information about your company, like size and industry.
- 2. Your HRIS platform vendor so we can work with you and them to collect 15 pieces of non-identifiable employee information, like title, age, and gender.
- 3. Publicly available information about your Board.
Dafna Gelbgiser, PhD
The ParityINDEX™ was developed in collaboration with inequality expert Dr. Dafna Gelbgiser, an Assistant Professor of Labor Studies at Tel Aviv University, and a principal at interstitio. She uses advanced statistical methods to study the sources and patterns of inequality in education and labor market outcomes by gender, race, immigrant status, and social class background. Her recent work examines how organizational practices impact gender differences in field of study selection in higher education, and subsequent patterns of occupational segregation in the labor market. Prior to joining the faculty at Tel Aviv University, she was a Research Scientist at Facebook, Inc. and a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Center for the Study of Inequality at Cornell University.